With the same design philosophy as its predecessors – the new NetMetal ac² AP is sturdy, reliable, easy to use and extremely capable. This is the best way to add IPsec hardware acceleration to your backhaul link! We have added an out-of-the-box 2.4/5 GHz dual-concurrent (2.4GHz and 5GHz can be used at the same time) band support – no need for additional tinkering!
NetMetal ac² can handle massive loads, as it features an improved 4-core CPU and 256 MB RAM. There is a miniPCIe slot for an LTE or other wireless modules and an SFP port for fiber. The NetMetal ac² can be a very adaptable addition for all kinds of setups.
Two RP-SMA connectors allow adding an antenna of your choice. If necessary, you can adapt the NetMetal ac² for lower range use with such antennas as our HGO-antenna-OUT screw-on omni antenna unit (not included; available for ordering seperately).
The enclosure has an IP rating of IP54 with protection against splashing from any angle, but it can still be opened and closed with one hand. Very handy in rough environments!
- Connectorized radio with dual RP-SMA Female connectors
- Dual Band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) Integrated radios
- Improved 4-core 716MHz CPU
- Outdoor IP54 rated
- (1) Gigabit ethernet port and (1) SFP port
- Flexible power options with support for DC and/or 802.3af/at POE input
Dimensions 143 x 247 x 48 mm
Number of DC inputs 2 (DC jack, PoE-IN)
PoE-in 802.3 af/at
Poe-in input voltage 24 - 57 V
DC jack input voltage 12 - 57 V
Max power consumption 28 W
Max power consumption without attachments 12 W
10/100/1000 Ethernet ports 1
SFP ports 1
Use CAPsMan to allow centralisation of wireless network management.
You can use the Mikrotik capsman to manage multiple access points and enable roaming between them. This will ensure that users can roam from one access point to the other without loosing connections. Capsman stands for controlled access point system manager. It allows network administrators to manage multiple Mikrotik access point from a central location.
• Centralised management of RouterOS Access Point
• Dual Band AP Support
• Provisioning of APs
• MAC and IP Layer communication with APs
• Certificate support for AP communication
• Full and Local data forwarding mode
• RADIUS MAC authentication
• Custom configuration support
• Automatic upgrade of all CAP clients
• L2 Path MTU discovery