- Card slot for FDD & TDD 4G LTE SIM card supports band B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B28/B40
- VDSL2/ADSL2+, Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, 1 x USB port, and 1 x 4G LTE SIM card slot
- 1 x USB 2.0 port for 3G/4G LTE Modem, FTP server, network printer or temperature sensor
- Single WAN or Multi-WAN Load Balance and Failover
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports with multiple subnets and 50,000 NAT sessions
- Object-based SPI Firewall and CSM (Content Security Management) for network security
- Supports QoS functions
- IPv6 & IPv4
- Increased IP addresses (1022) and IP subnets (8)
- 16 x VLANs for secure and efficient workgroup management
- 32 x VPN tunnels (including 16 x SSL VPN tunnels) with comprehensive secure protocols
- Fast VPN throughput, VPN load-balancing and backup for site-to-site applications
- High Availability mode
- Central AP Management for deployment of multiple wireless VigorAPs
- Central VPN Management for 8 remote Vigor routers
- Free Smart Monitor Network Traffic Analyzer (30-nodes)
- Supports VigorACS 2 (Central Management System) for multi-site deployment)
- LTE/4G category 4
- 150Mbps downstream and 50Mbps upstream
- 4G LTE FDD Band: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 28
- 4G LTE TDD Band: 40
- 3G WCDMA Band: 1, 2, 5, 8
The Vigor2862L router has most of the functions of the Vigor2862 series routers, plus a slot for a 4G LTE mobile broadband SIM card. The supported SIM cards include those from the major broadband service providers in Australia, Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, etc., as well as those in New Zealand, Spark, 2Degrees and Vodafone with speeds up to 150Mbps downstream and 50Mbps upstream.
In addition to the 4G LTE mobile broadband, the Vigor2862L has other WAN interfaces including 1 x VDSL2/ADSL2+, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet WAN and 1 x USB port for a 3G/4G mobile dongle.
The Vigor2862L can connect to the Internet through any of these interfaces, or with a combination of interfaces for Load Balance and Failover functions. Like the Vigor2862 series, this router supports business features including an object-oriented SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall, IPv6, 32 x VPN tunnels (including 16 x SSL VPN tunnels), tag-based VLAN, multiple subnets, etc.
For mission critical applications, the Vigor2862L router can be used in High Availability mode to provide uninterrupted network connectivity, if there is a hardware failure occurrence in the primary router.
The LTE feature makes the Vigor2862L series router an ideal solution for applications such as:
- Remote locations with no fixed line or UFB coverage.
- Quick setup for new branches waiting for xDSL/Ethernet WAN (e.g. NBN).
- Load Balancing or Failover backup for an existing primary Internet connection which can be any of ADSL/VDSL/Cable/Ethernet broadband.
- Temporary installations such as disaster recovery and emergency situations, exhibitions, sporting events, etc., where Internet access is required for a short period.
- Provision of Internet access on public transport such as coaches, buses, trains, freighters, etc.
- The Vigor2862L series router can be rack mounted using a 1RU rack mount bracket on a standard 19” rack or cabinet.
- Increased number of IP addresses supported IP Pool Count (up to 1022) for LAN1~3 subnet, compared to 253 for Vigor2860L series
- Increased number of IP subnets (8 in Vigor2862L series compared to 5 in Vigor2860L series)
- Increased number of VLANs (16 in Vigor2862L series compared to 8 in Vigor2860L series)
- Faster processor in Vigor2862L
- Faster NAT/Firewall throughput in Vigor2862 series compared to Vigor2860 series (400Mbps for Vigor2862 series vs 300Mbps for Vigor2860 series)
- Faster VPN throughput in Vigor2862L
- Additional LTE bands are now supported. Band 5 (850 MHz) and band 28 (700 MHz) ensuring greater coverage in Australia and New Zealand.