- 1 Gbps+ Throughput
- 2 Million+ Packets per Second
- 4096 QAM Modulation
- Proprietary RF Filtering
- IP-67 Durability - airFiber 5XHD is Water Resistant and Perfect for any Weather Conditions.
- Gigabit PoE Adapter (Included)
Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing by introducing the airFiber® AF-5XHD. Designed for use in the 5 GHz frequency band, the AF-5XHD features the newest radio technology, offering greater channel bandwidths (up to 100 MHz) and more advanced RF components. The AF-5XHD is also compatible with a number of existing Ubiquiti® antennas for the 5 GHz band, including airFiber X antennas and certain RocketDish™ antennas. Pair the AF-5XHD with a compatible Ubiquiti antenna for a complete 5 GHz Point-to-Point (PtP) solution. The AF-5XHD also includes a special IP67 upgrade kit for enhanced protection from dust and water.
The AF-5XHD offers the following advanced features:
• Programmable Transmit Power The radio's transmit power level can be programmed up to +29 dBm.
• Programmable Duty Cycle (GPS synchronized frames) The AF-5XHD allows configuration of asymmetric TX and RX duty cycles. TX ratios include 25%, 33%, 50%, 66.7%, and 75%.
• Configurable GPS Synchronization The AF-5XHD offers configurable support for 2, 2.5, 4, and 5 ms frames. Timing is compatible with all other synchronous systems.
• Split TX and RX Frequency* The radio can operate on different frequencies for TX and RX, allowing great flexibility for interference avoidance.
• Split TX and RX Channel Bandwidth* Support for different channel bandwidths for TX and RX allows users to scale required data capacity more efficiently.
• Adaptive Modulation up to 1024QAM Adaptive modulation rates of up to 1024QAM (4096QAM with targeted upgrade) are supported.
• Dual Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Ports with PoE The AF-5XHD has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to provide redundant PoE power.
• OFDM and OFDMA Support* The radio offers flexible scheduling for 2, 4, or 8 subchannels.
• Bluetooth Wireless Configuration Use the built-in Bluetooth interface for wireless configuration.
• AlignLock™ Antenna Aiming Guard This alerts the user when the radio or antenna aiming is changed due to tampering, impact, or storm damage.
• User-Configurable Interference Mitigation Three user-selectable profiles support both high-interference and greenfield deployments for robust, optimal performance.
• Redundant Images for Fail-Safe Configuration Creation of backup firmware images ensures fail-safe configuration and enhances reliability.
• Persistent Spectrum Analysis with Dedicated RX Perform real-time spectral analysis for the full band on live links without interrupting the link operation.
• Wide Voltage Range, Enhanced Surge Protection The AF-5XHD has an operating voltage range of 19-50VDC2 and provides enhanced surge protection
The antenna uses RP-SMA connectors. Because of its compatibility with a variety of Ubiquiti antennas it provides versatility. The AF-5X works with: AF-5G23-S45, AF-5G30-S45, AF-5G34-S45, RD-5G30, RD-5G34 (Additional performance available with RocketDish to airFiber Conversion Kit).
The installation of the AF-5X is easy and intuitive. The installation does not require the use of specialised tools.
*Available with a future firmware upgrade