The MikroTik RouterBOARD cAP-2nD (ceiling Access Point) is a 2.4 GHz Dual-Chain ceiling AP. Inconspicuously designed, it blends into the environment, perfect for hospitality business like hotels, airports, shopping malls etc.
The MikroTik cAP-2nD supports 802.11b/g/n and can be powered by PoE (802.3af/at Support). It’s a perfect companion for the MikroTik CAPsMAN (controlled AP system manager), allowing you to control all your AP devices from one central location.
Unlike traditional controller software, which requires a separate PC/Mac to run, our CAPsMAN runs on any existing RouterBOARD device in your network. No need for a separate controller machine. *
Everything is included to get you started, wall/ceiling mount, PoE injector, power adapter and even the screws and screw anchors.
* Controlled Access Point system Manager (CAPsMAN) allows centralization of wireless network management and if necessary, data processing. When using the CAPsMAN feature, the network will consist of a number of 'Controlled Access Points' (CAP) that provide wireless connectivity and a 'system Manager' (CAPsMAN) that manages the configuration of the APs, it also takes care of client authentication and optionally, data forwarding.
When a CAP is controlled by CAPsMAN it only requires the minimum configuration required to allow it to establish connection with CAPsMAN. Functions that were conventionally executed by an AP (like access control, client authentication) are now executed by CAPsMAN. The CAP device now only has to provide the wireless link layer encryption/decryption.
• Centralised management of RouterOS Access Point
• Dual Band AP Support
• Provisioning of APs
• MAC and IP Layer communication with APs
• Certificate support for AP communication
• Full and Local data forwarding mode
• RADIUS MAC authentication
• Custom configuration support
• Automatic upgrade of all CAP clients
• L2 Path MTU discovery