The LevelOne VDS-1201 converts your data from Ethernet to VDSL, making it easy to send high-bandwidth data over long distances.
This new technology uses traditional twisted-pair telephone wiring instead of Cat.5 cables.
When using VDSL2 (Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line) technology, users can transmit data up to 300 metres without having to add expensive Ethernet switches or cables to extend the network reach. And with 100Mbps downstream and 100Mbps upstream, VDSL2 technology provides ample space for all high bandwidth usage.
VDS-1201 works especially well in applications where traditional copper phone lines are already installed: apartments, condominiums, hotels, university campus, etc.
There is no need to run expensive Ethernet cables and installers can easily integrate VDSL technology into the existing network. The VDS-1201 is plug and play ready and requires minimum installation time. Each VDS-1201 also allows for customised settings for advanced use. Using a built-in DIP switch, users can customize the behavior of the device to match the desired network configuration. Annex A is for networks that utilise PSTN telephone systems.
- Trellis coding support up to 1024 discrete multi-tone bins and 4 Dip Switches for configuration settings
- Low-Latency for Video/Voice/Data applications
- Supports a VDSL connection of up to 2km over single pair copper wire
- Features selectable Fast and Interleaved modes
- Selectable fixed data rate and fixed SNR margin
Note that two units are required to create a point-to-point data link.