Powered by Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-314, quad-core 1.7 GHz processor, 2GB DDR3L RAM, one 1GbE LAN port and one 2.5GbE LAN port, the TS-231P3 features a 2.5GbE RJ45 port, providing up to 2.5 times the speed of regular Gigabit Ethernet and enabling smoother multimedia playback and everyday usage.
The TS-231P3 ensures data security by supporting AES 256-bit encryption and various local/remote/cloud backup options – including snapshot protection that allows for files and data to be reverted to previously-recorded states if they are accidentally deleted, modified or affected by malware.
- 2.5GbE connectivity for smoother everyday use and multimedia playback.
- HBS backs up and synchronizes NAS data to remote servers or cloud storage, while QuDedup deduplicates data at the source to optimize bandwidth and storage utilization.
- Snapshots fully record the system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, they can be quickly restored to previously-recorded states.
- Supports LXC and Docker® containers for rapidly deploying application services across various platforms.
- File Station centralizes NAS and cloud-based files for easy access. Files can also be easily encrypted to protect sensitive data.
- Expand the TS-231P3 storage capacity by connecting TR and TL series storage enclosures.
Build a faster home network with QNAP
The TS-231P3 includes a 1GbE port and a 2.5GbE port to provide a smoother NAS experience and multimedia playback. Additional network connection options from QNAP include USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5GbE adapters (supports N-BASET/Multi-Gig), QXG 5GbE PCIe cards, and QNAP QSW 10GbE switches. All these options allow users to revolutionize their home network at a cost-effective price. The TS-231P3 features three USB 3.2 Gen 1 port that delivers outstanding multitasking performance.
Easy and Secure File Management
File Station allows direct management of files stored on the TS-231P3 and in the cloud. Users can easily upload files from their PC, drag/drop files between folders, rename/delete files, and configure file/folder permissions to prevent unauthorized access. Users can also use Microsoft Office Online to directly view/edit Microsoft Office documents stored on the TS-231P3. Confidential/sensitive data can also be encrypted to add extra security.