The TL-D800C JBOD storage enclosure allows you to back up and expand your QNAP NAS and computers (supports Windows and Mac). The TL-D800C features eight 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s drive bays with USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) Type-C connectivity to provide a fast and smooth expansion solution.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connectivity* provides up to 10 Gb/s data transfer speeds. The port can support USB Type-A to Type-C connection or Thunderbolt 3 Type-C connection using different cables.
- Lockable hard drive trays prevent accidental drive removal.
- Supports SATA 6Gb/s drives for reliable read/write performance.
*The package includes one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C to Type-A cable. Maximum 1M USB cable is recommended.
Flexible storage configuration and management
The TL-D800C provides software-controlled configurations for greater management flexibility. Users can configure RAID and monitor disk health using the QTS / QuTS hero Storage & Snapshots Manager on a QNAP NAS, or by using the QNAP JBOD Manager utility on their computer.
Use the QTS / QuTS hero Storage & Snapshots Manager to configure the TL-D800C as a storage enclosure for your QNAP NAS. The NAS expansion storage mode supports various NAS functions, including storage pools and snapshots. With TL-D800C, you can easily expand storage capacity.
The QNAP JBOD Manager is a desktop utility for monitoring the TL-D800C on Windows®, Mac®, and Ubuntu® computers. You can quickly obtain disk statuses, JBOD information and health, view fan rotation speed, and check for firmware version updates.
Scenario 1: Expand your NAS capacity
The TL-D800C provides an alternative method for users to expand their NAS storage capacity. By connecting the TL-D800C to their NAS and using the Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QuTS hero, users can easily configure and manage their storage expansion. The TL-D800C supports a variety of QNAP NAS storage and file management functions, allowing users to build storage pools, finding files with Qsirch, and organizing files with Qfiling.
Scenario 2: External storage for your NAS
You can use the TL-D800C to expand your NAS storage. You can select disks to create storage pools for expanding your NAS capacity, or you can treat each disk as an individual external storage space and use it as a removable drive for greater flexibility. Regardless of the mode you use, you can always use Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QuTS hero to set up and manage your TL-D800C and use hard drive S.M.A.R.T. and Notification Center to check disk status anytime and anywhere.
Mode 1: Expand NAS capacity with storage pool mode
You can use Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QuTS hero to configure the RAID storage pool for your TL-D800C and expand NAS capacity.
Mode 2: Expand your NAS with external storage mode
You can treat each disk on your TL-D800C as an individual storage space and expand your NAS capacity. For example, it will show 8 independent external disks on an 8-bay NAS.
Scenario 3: Expand the storage space of your Windows®, Mac®, and Ubuntu® computer
You can use your TL-D800C with Windows®, Mac®, and Ubuntu® computers to expand more storage space. You can set up the RAID configuration of your TL-D800C to further secure data protection. Moreover, you can also use the single disk mode and format with the exFAT file system for more convenient access and sharing of files between Windows® and Ubuntu® computers.
Mode 1: RAID configuration mode
You can obtain data protection by building a software RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 5 volume with native utility in your Windows® and Ubuntu® computers, and use the QNAP JBOD Manager to monitor the TL-D800C status information.
Mode 2: Single disk mode
You can format hard drives with the exFAT file system while accessing and sharing files between Windows® and Ubuntu® computers.
1. TL-D800C only supports devices with USB 3.2 Gen 1 (or above) port.
2. QNAP recommends following the standard procedure to connect or disconnect the TL-D800C. For more information, please see the TL-D800C user manual.
3. The TL-D800C can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool/volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TL-D800C.
4. The TL-D800C only supports QNAP NAS running on QTS 4.4.2 (or above) or QuTS hero operating system.
5. The TL-D800C doesn’t support ASM1142 USB controller IC based USB ports and PCIe expansion cards (e.g. QNAP USB-U31A2P01 expansion card)