Affordable 802.11n 2.4GHz WLAN access point
• 802.11n Wi-Fi
• WPA2 wireless encryption
• MAC address filtering
• Built-in RADIUS Server for the security enhancement of your wireless network
• WPA Authentication
• 802.1x User Authentication
• Apple iOS keep alive
• Universal repeater mode
• WMM (Wireless MultiMedia)
• WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
• Multiple SSID (Up to 4 SSID) for guest wireless access to the Internet
• TR-069 capability
• WDS (Wireless Distribution System) easily extending your network through Point-to-Point / Multi-Point Bridge and Universal Repeater Modes
The DrayTek Vigor AP710 is a standalone wireless access point, ideal for adding wireless connectivity to an existing LAN, or for expanding the range of an existing wireless LAN by using the WDS features.
As an access point, the Vigor AP-710 connects to your existing ethernet switch or router. Wireless users can then connect to your LAN. You can restrict access to specific devices by locking in their hardware 'MAC address' and if you have a radius server, user access can be further limited requiring unique login using 802.1x authentication (MD5/PEAP mode).
Where you wish to provide wireless access over a larger area, or throughout a larger building, you could install several AP-710's, each wired back to your central network. The AP-710 also supports limited functions within DrayTek's Wireless management system.
In addition, the AP-710 can operate in several other wireless modes:
- Access Point - Standard Operation, as described above
- Universal Repeater - The AP-710 acts as both a wireless client and access point simultaneously, effectively increasing the range of an existing access point.
- Bridge - Using two AP-710's, each connected to a separate wired LAN, a wireless bridge can be formed connecting the two LANs. Ideal where a physical link (cable) isn't possible, for example, across a road.