The TS-251B combines secure data storage and multimedia entertainment into one device. Featuring a PCIe slot, the TS-251B is QNAP’s first home/SOHO NAS that allows you to flexibly extend its functionality and potential applications. You can install a QNAP QM2 card to provide M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity and use with Qtier auto-tiering storage to enhance overall system performance; or install a wireless network card (such as the QNAP QWA-AC2600) to turn the TS-251B into a wireless access point and to wirelessly stream your multimedia throughout your home. The TS-251B supports dual-channel H.264 hardware decoding and transcoding, allowing you to enjoy watching NAS media files smoothly across various devices.
- The PCIe port supports installing a 10GbE network card, a QM2 dual-port M.2 SSD/10GbE card, a USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) card, or a wireless network card.
- 4K media playback and online transcoding; cross-device multimedia viewing via HDMI output or streaming applications.
- Snapshots fully record the system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the previously-recorded data.
- Hybrid Backup Sync consolidates backup and sync tasks into a single app, providing multiple layers of data protection.
- Remotely access the apps and files on your TS-251B via myQNAPcloud and easily manage and share files.
- Supports containerized applications and hosting virtual machines with various operating systems.
Extend NAS functionality with the PCIe slot
With a PCIe expansion slot, the TS-251B provides flexibility in extending NAS functionality and potential applications. Install a QNAP QM2 card to provide M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity and use with Qtier tiered storage for optimal system performance; use the TS-251B as a wireless access point by installing a compatible wireless network card (such as the QNAP QWA-AC2600) to create a wireless media streaming environment; or boost the USB connectivity of the TS-251B by installing a USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) card.
2-Bay NAS, Intel Celeron Apollo Lake J3355 dual-core 2.0GHz (up to 2.5GHz), 2GB DDR3L SODIMM RAM (1x2GB, 2 DIMM slots, max 8GB total), SATA 6Gb/s, 1xGbE, PCIe slot for 10GbE or 2 more GbE, AES-NI encryption, 4K hardware transcoding, 4K HDMI v1.4b, USB 3.0, virtualization, Surveillance Station (free 2, max 32 ch.), max 1 UX-500P/UX-800P or 2 TR-004 expansion units, speaker, 2x 3.5mmMIC In, 1x Line out