ProSAFE Plus 16-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch with 8 PoE Ports, 85W Total PoE Power.
Control and Configure Beyond Plug-and-Play Connectivity.
Today’s growing businesses rely more on their network to carry out missioncritical business activities. Deployment of VoIP and IP surveillance needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches.
- 16 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 with 8 POE Ports
- Configuration via software: Ideal for network monitoring, traffic prioritization and network segmentation
- Features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP snooping, diagnostic cables, preventing loops and Auto DoS
- Internal power
- Comes with Rack Mount Kit
Today's businesses rely increasingly on the network for their development. Also they ask for more. Large companies, meanwhile, tend to focus on their applications and requirements Ethernet infrastructure. Market development of VoIP phones and IP cameras demand more than a simple plug-and-play. It requires a network capable of separating voice and video traffic data, process them according to their priority. In addition, Internet-based applications such as Hotmail and Google Calendaring have made keeping the network has become a critical process for the company. However, companies do not necessarily have the means or expertise needed to work with complex managed switches. The new NETGEAR ProSafe Plus bring the solution: ease of use, visibility, but can be simplified configuration.
To provide a better visibility on the functioning of the network, ProSafe Plus Switches offer some monitoring capabilities. Moreover, in case of connectivity issues, these switches offer a cable diagnostic test to identify and even locate problems wiring. ProSafe Plus Switches optimize traffic through prioritization by port and tag, to prioritize traffic over less critical packets in terms of latency. To improve the security and network performance, ProSafe Plus Switches offer VLAN technology (port and 802.1Q). ProSafe Plus Switches are an evolution of unmanaged switches plug-and-play. They increase the power of your network for a really great price / performance ratio for the user.
The NETGEAR Gigabit Plus Switch is the ideal upgrade from Unmanaged Switches for SMB networks:
- Configurable with simple set-up
- Build multiple user groups
- Prioritize voice and video traffic
- Monitor and troubleshoot
ProSAFE Plus Features
• Enable network configuration and management at the price point of Unmanaged Switches
• Gigabit connection delivers up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
• Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
• Flexible management via easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI or using the PC-based ProSAFE Plus Utility application
• VLAN support for traffic segmentation
• Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
• Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
• Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
• Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
• IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
• Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
• Port mirroring for network monitoring
• Link aggregation/port trunking (static manual LAGs only) for bigger uplink bandwidth (16-port and 24-port models only)
• Jumbo frame support
• Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) support for maxium power savings