ProSafe Plus 16-port Gigabit Click Switch.
Your ports and cables where you want them
Today's networks have increasing numbers of devices attached to them both wired and wireless. As wired devices proliferate it can be difficult to easily and neatly place networked ports where you want them.
NETGEAR ProSAFE Click Switches address this issue with an innovative and thoughtful hardware design including the flexible 1-2-3-4 Click mounting system. The new ProSAFE Click Switches are Gigabit Ethernet switches with an industry-first bracket mounting system for easy installation. Available in either 8- or 16-Gigabit port configurations their slim design and internal power supplies enables you to organize wires secure cables eliminate bulky power adapters and improve the overall appearance of wiring closets training facilities lab benches conference rooms and entertainment centers that require multiple connected devices.
Flexible 1-2-3-4 Mounting System
The innovative 1-2-3-4 mounting system gives you the flexibility to place the Click Switch in locations where other switches will not go. Whether it's directly on a wall strapped to a pole under the meeting table in a conference room or in a server closet vertical or horizontal the Click Switch's unique mounting system allow you to control exactly how your ports and cables are deployed.
NETGEAR ProSAFE Click Switch Family Overview
Overview of the NETGEAR ProSAFE Click Switch Family. The Click Switches GSS108E (8-port) and GSS116E (16-port) feature an innovative and flexible mounting bracket making it easy to mount the Click switches vertically and horizontally on a wall under a desk or strapped to a pole - allowing you to put your ports where you need them.
Plus Switch Networking Features
The Click Switches can go beyond plug n' play connectivity with ProSAFE Plus Switch networking features allowing businesses to segment the network with VLANs or prioritize voice and video traffic with QoS. IGMP Snooping allows for optimized multimedia delivery and port trunking (GSS116E only) adds redundancy to uplinks and servers.
Innovative Mounting Bracket
Simple to use mounting bracket enables vertical or horizontal orientation of ports
To install just mount the bracket onto a wall or desk and "Click" the switch into the bracket
Easy Cable Management
Multi-directional power cable can be routed outwards or downwards
Ethernet cables can be strapped to the bracket or mounting surface using the provided retaining strap
16-port Gigabit Click Switch
Gigabit Ports : 16
VLAN (Number Supported) : 128
Number of LAGs & # of members : 2 LAGs with max 8 members in each LAG
Supported Multicast Groups : 128
Auto Denial-of-Service Prevention : Yes
Port Trunking : Yes
Max Number of Source Ports Allowed (Many to 1) : 15
LED Lights Off for Stealth Operation : Yes
Internal Power Supply
Max Power Consumption (Watts) : 8.36W
Acoustic Noise Level @25C : 0 dBA
Operating Temperature : 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
MTBF : 721479 hours
Weight (kg) : 1.3kg
Dimensions (WxDxH) mm : 407 x 70 x 35mm
Case Material : Metal
ProSAFE Plus Features
• Enable network configuration and management at the price point of Unmanaged Switches
• Gigabit connection delivers up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
• Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
• Flexible management via easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI or using the PC-based ProSAFE Plus Utility application
• VLAN support for traffic segmentation
• Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
• Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
• Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
• Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
• IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
• Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
• Port mirroring for network monitoring
• Link aggregation/port trunking (static manual LAGs only) for bigger uplink bandwidth (16-port and 24-port models only)
• Jumbo frame support
• Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) support for maxium power savings