Innovative Mounting Bracket
Simple to use mounting bracket enables vertical or horizontal orientation of ports. To install, just mount the bracket onto a wall, desk, table leg/pole, or virtually anywhere, and "Click" the switch into the bracket.
Your ports and cables where you want them
Today's networks have increasing numbers of devices attached to them, both wired and wireless. As wired devices proliferate, it can be difficult to easily and neatly place networked ports where you want them. NETGEAR ProSAFE Web Managed Click Switches address this issue with an innovative and thoughtful hardware design, including the "Virtually Anywhere" flexible 1-2-3-4 Click mounting system. The new ProSAFE Web Managed Click Switches are Gigabit Ethernet switches with an industry-first, bracket mounting system for easy installation. Available in either 8- or 16-Gigabit port configurations, their slim design and internal power supplies enables you to organize wires, secure cables, eliminate bulky power adapters, and improve the overall appearance of wiring closets, training facilities, lab benches, conference rooms, and entertainment centers that require multiple connected devices.
"Virtually Anywhere" Innovative 1-2-3-4 Mounting System
The innovative 1-2-3-4 mounting system gives you the flexibility to place the Web Managed Click Switch in locations where other switches will not go. Whether it's directly on a wall, strapped to a pole, under the meeting table in a conference room or in a server closet, vertical or horizontal, flat or perpendicular, the Web Managed Click Switch's unique mounting system allow you to control exactly how and where your ports and cables are deployed.
Web Managed Switch Networking Features
The Web Managed Click Switches can go beyond plug n' play connectivity with additional ProSAFE Web Managed Switch networking features, allowing businesses to segment the network with VLANs or prioritize voice and video traffic with QoS. IGMP Snooping allows for optimized multimedia delivery and port trunking (GSS116E only) adds redundancy to uplinks and servers. Setup and configuration is simple using the web browser-based configuration GUI.
• Unique 1-2-3-4 Click mounting system for flexible placement options
• Cable management with provided retaining strap
• Multi-directional power cable to optimize placement
• Internal power supply to eliminate power brick
• 2 USB ports for quick access to charging tablets or smartphones (GSS108E only)
• Turn LED lights ON/OFF for non-distracting operation in dark environments such as next to a TV
NETGEAR Plus Switch features including:
• VLAN support for traffic segmentation
• Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
• Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention (GSS116E only)
• Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
• Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
• IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
• Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
• Port mirroring for network monitoring
• Port trunking for bigger uplink bandwidth. (GSS116E only)
• No fan for silent operation
• Reinforced plastic (GSS108E) or metal case (GSS116E) for rugged durability
• Jumbo frame support
• Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE802.3az) support for maxium power savings