The QNAP TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP R2 is the world's first unified NAS supporting Auto Tiering to deliver ongoing optimization of data across high-performance SSD, 12Gbps SAS drives and high-capacity SATA disks. Powered by an Intel Xeon E3 CPU, the 40GbE-ready TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP R2 delivers exceptional performance and supports cross-platform file sharing, comprehensive backup solutions, iSCSI & virtualization applications, and more practical business functions. With the powerful QTS operating system, the TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP R2 performs as a reliable, scalable and unbeatable unified and tiered storage solution for businesses.
• Built-in 10GbE, highly-efficient storage solution with high speed network for HD video editing and sharing
• 3,800+ MB/s throughput and 267,000+ IOPS
• Qtier Technology drives Auto Tiering for optimal storage efficiency
• Built-in 256GB mSATA modules for caching, beneficial to IOPS-demanding applications
• Scalable design, up to 1,216 TB total capacity
• Virtualization-ready, centralized data storage, backup, sharing and disaster recovery
• Backward compatible with SAS/SATA 6Gbps drives
• Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 Family 3.5 GHz Quad-core Processor
• Total memory slots: 4
• System memory: 16 GB DDR3 non-ECC RAM
• Memory module pre-installed: 8 GB x2
• Memory expandable up to: 32 GB (8GB x4)
• Notes: When upgrading RAM to more than 28GB, the original 4GB RAM modules must be removed. For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide
• 512MB DOM
Internal Cache Port:
• Two mSATA port on board for read caching. The standard system is shipped with two 128GB mSATA flash.
• For the optional mSATA flash, please visit the Qnap website
• 24 x 3.5-inch SAS 12Gbps, SAS/SATA 6Gbps/3Gbps hard drive or 2.5-inch SAS/SATA SSD hard drive
• Notes: The standard system is shipped without hard drives. For the hard drive compatibility list, please visit the Qnap website
Hard Drive Tray:
• 24 x hot-swappable and lockable tray
• Built-in 2 x 10 GbE SFP+ ports (LAN-10G2SF-MLX) and 4 x GbE ports
• Notes: For the optional network card compatibility list, please visit Compatibility list. For the information of network card installation, please refer to chapter 6 in the Turbo NAS Hardware Manual.
• 10 GbE, Status, LAN, Storage expansion port status
• 4x USB 3.0 port (rear)
• 4x USB 2.0 port (rear)
• Support USB printer, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS etc.
• System: Power button and reset button
• System warning
• 4U, Rackmount
• 176.15(H) x 442.5(W) x 530.5(D)mm
• 6.94(H) x 17.42(W) x 20.89(D)inch
• Net weight (NAS only) : 23.08 kg/50.88 lb
• Gross weight (with packing and accessories) : 28.56 kg/ 62.96 lb
Sound Level (dB)*:
• Sound Level (dB) Sound pressure (LpAm) (bystander position): 36.2 dB
• Note: with 24 x HITACHI HUS724020ALA640 hard drive installed)
Power Consumption (W):
• Sleep mode: 144.82
• In Operation: 351.21 W
• Note: with 24 x HITACHI HUS724020ALA640 hard drive installed
• 5~95% non-condensing, wet bulb: 27°C.
• Redundant power: Input 90~264VAC; 650W x 2
• 2 (Right slot: 1* PCIe Gen3 x8; Left slot: 1* PCIe Gen3 x4)
• Note: The PCIe Gen3 x8 slot is occupied by a 10GbE network adapter.
• 4 x 8 cm smart cooling fan