The Perfect Hard Disk Drive for Business NAS
IronWolf is designed for everything NAS.
Tough, ready and scalable 24×7 performance that can handle multi-drive environments with a wide range of capacities.
• 1- to 8-bay network attached storage (NAS)
• Desktop RAID and servers
• Multimedia server storage
• Private cloud
• Optimized for NAS with AgileArray. AgileArray is built for dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments with the most advanced power management possible.
• High performance means no lag times or downtime for users during high traffic time for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest performance in NAS-class drives.(*1)
• Get ahead with more cache. IronWolf provides high-cache options allowing your NAS to serve data faster.
• Do more with multi-user technology. Enables user workload rate of 180TB/year. Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing it can handle the workload, whether you’re a creative professional or small business.
• Designed for always on, always accessible 24×7 performance. Access your data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site.
• Note: Performance may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system.
(*1) One terabyte, or TB, equals one trillion bytes when referring to drive capacity.
• Standard Model Numbers: ST1000VN002
• Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
Features and Performance:
• Number of Drive Bays Supported: 1 to 8
• Multi-User Technology (TB/yr): 180
• Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensors: No
• Dual-Plane Balance: Yes
• Error Recovery Control: Yes
• Max Sustained Data Transfer Rate OD (MB/s): 180
• Spindle Speed (RPM): 5900
• Cache (MB): 64
• Load/Unload Cycles(*3): 600,000
• Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: 1 per 10E14
• Power-On Hours (per year): 8760
• Workload Rate Limit (WRL) (TB/year): 180
• Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) (hours): 1M
• Startup Current, Typical (12V,A): 1.2
• Average Operating Power (W): 3.6
• Idle Average (W): 2.5
• Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W): 0.8/0.8
• Voltage Tolerance (5V): ±5%
• Voltage Tolerance (12V): ±10%
• Temperature (°C):
• Operating (ambient, min): 5
• Operating (drive case, max)(*4): 70
• Nonoperating (ambient, min): –40
• Nonoperating (ambient, max): 70
• Halogen Free: Yes
• Shock, Operating/Nonoperating: 2ms (max, Gs): 80/300
• Idle (typical, bels)(*5): 2.1
• Operating (typical, bels): 2.3
• Height (mm/in, max): 20.17/0.795
• Width (mm/in, max): 101.6/4.010
• Depth (mm/in, max): 146.99/5.787
• Weight (g/lb, typical): 415/0.915
(*3) Load/Unload tested to 600,000 cycles.
(*4) Seagate does not recommend operating at sustained case temperatures above 60°C. Operating at higher temperatures will reduce useful life of the product.
(*5) Idle measured in Idle1 state.