- Ethernet Extension—Extend 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 10,000 feet (3 kilometers)—well beyond the 328-foot (100-meter) limitation—over a single twisted-pair, Cat 5e/6/7, or even coaxial cable.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair—Realize fiber-optic speeds without the expense—and hassle—of installing new cables or line-of-site wireless circuits.
- Plug and Play—Set these units up straight out of the box. No configuration is required. Auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet ports support full or half duplex operation.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported—Boasting downstream line rates up to 168 Mbps, the switch-selectable rate mode options optimize rate and reach for the noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Bypass network configuration requirements by transparently passing all higher layer protocols—including 802.1Q VLAN frames (tagged and untagged). Data-transmission mechanism is fully transparent to such IP video compression schemes as MPEG-4, H.264 and MJPEG.
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
Perfect for bandwidth-intensive applications the CL1214 delivers off-the-chart symmetrical line rates greater than 100 Mbps. Best of all—like all CopperLink™ products—the CL1214 leverages existing copper infrastructure to deliver high speed Ethernet connectivity over voice-grade twisted pair, Cat 5e/6/7, and—new to the CopperLink™ line—coaxial cabling.
Four user-selectable configuration profiles—combined with Patton’s auto-rate adaptation feature—ensure maximum achievable symmetrical or asymmetrical rates for the installed noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
Symmetrical line-rate settings are ideal for such applications as remote LAN extension, video teleconferencing, and data backhaul. Asymmetrical configurations are well-suited for applications requiring higher downstream speeds and/or longer distances between Ethernet devices. Typical symmetrical scenarios include medical imaging, livestock monitoring, underwater video, internet gaming, and transporting high-resolution IP video from security cameras.
Realize fiber-like speed and distance without the expense of fiber with Patton’s Ultra-High-Speed CopperLink™ Ethernet Extenders.
Workgroup Ethernet Extension Application
A built-in 4-port Ethernet switch makes the CopperLink Model 1214 ideal for delivering multiple IP information streams over a single cable. For example, at a guardhouse or security kiosk, you could aggregate IP data from a laptop, a motion sensor, and two high resolution IP video cameras for simultaneous transmission over a single Ethernet connection.
Combining data flows from up to four network-enabled devices onto a single twisted pair or coax cable, the CL1214 can deliver IP traffic up to 4,250 ft (1295 m) away—well beyond the standard 328-foot (100-meter) Ethernet distance limitation.
With achievable line rates up to 100 Mbps, the CopperLink 1214 eliminates the bandwidth constraints commonly experienced with other copper-based transmission technologies. The Model 1214 is engineered to re-use existing infrastructure previously employed in legacy applications including alarm circuits, E1/T1 circuits, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CCTV and CATV. Many newer cabling standards are also supported, including Cat 5e, Cat 6 and Cat 7.