Mikrotik's fastest router has now become even better - the new CCR1036-8G-2S+EM now has 16GB RAM, and two SFP+ ports for 10G interface support (SFP+ module available separately).
It uses the same 36 core Tilera CPU as Mikrotik other CCR1036 models, and delivers the same performance, but now ten gigabit links are possible.
The device comes in a 1U rackmount case, has two SFP+ ports, eight Gigabit ethernet ports, a serial console cable and a USB port. The CCR1036-8G-2S+EM has two SODIMM slots, by default it is shipped with 16GB of RAM.
• CPU Speed: 1.2GHz
• SFP+ Ports: 2 (The SFP+ ports on CCR1036-8G-2S+ are backwards compatible with SFP standard modules)
• LAN Ports: 8
• Memory: (2) SODIMM DDR3 slots, 2x2GB installed
• Gigabit: Yes
• MiniPCI: 0
• USB: Yes
• PoE: Yes
• Operating System: RouterOS v6
• RouterOS License: Level 6
• Board Dimensions: 355 x 145 x 55mm (14" x 5.7" x 2.2")
• Max. Ambient Temperature: 50° at 1.2GHz - 70° at 1GHz CPU core frequency
• Max. Power Consumption: 60W
• 36 Core networking CPU
• 12MB total on-chip cache
• 8Mpps standard forwarding
• 41.5Mpps fast path forwarding
• Up to 28Gbit/s throughput
• 1U Rack mount Case
• Color touchscreen LCD display
• Ports directly connected to CPU