The powerful 8-bay, quad-core TS-832X includes two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks at a budget price with maximized ROI. It is also an ARM-based NAS that supports Qtier™ technology for efficient auto-tiered storage. The PCIe slots extend greater application potential, for example, by installing QNAP’s new PCIe wireless network card QWA-AC2600 the TS-832X is transformed into a convenient wireless base station that allows devices to directly connect to the NAS for easy access to its services and Internet connection.
- Dual 10GbE SFP+ ports for accelerating virtualization and massive file sharing.
- PCIe expandability allows for 10GbE adapters, QM2 cards, USB 3.1 10Gbps cards, or wireless network cards.
- Qtier™ technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.
- Snapshots fully record system status and data, allowing you to protect files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.
- Supports LXC and Docker® containers for rapidly deploying application services across platforms including the cloud, servers, and PCs.
- Secure private cloud supporting centralized storage, backup, sharing, disaster recovery, and storage capacity expansion.
Quad-core CPU and dual 10GbE SFP+ ports
The TS-832X is equipped with an AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company Alpine AL-324 quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A57 processor with 2GB/8GB DDR4 RAM (upgradable to 16GB) and supports SATA 6Gb/s. When processing AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption, the TS-832X also provides unmatched encryption performance while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the NAS. The TS-832X comes with two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks, delivering a major speed increase for virtualization tasks, fast backup & restoration, and large-data applications.
Extend NAS functionality with two PCIe slots
The TS-832X features two PCIe slots (1 x PCIe Gen2 x1, 1 x PCIe Gen2 x2) that allow for installing various expansion cards for greater application potential.
Support lightning-fast throughput for bandwidth-demanding tasks such as fast backup/restoration for an ever-growing amount of data and virtualization.
- QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE PCIe cards
Add M.2 SSD caching or 10GbE (10GBASE-T) connectivity to the NAS to enjoy optimal performance.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) cards
USB 3.1 provides faster maximum speeds of 10Gb/s – double that of USB 3.0 – to greatly boost data transfer performance, allowing compatibility with newer, faster USB devices for transferring large-sized media files.
Use WirelessAP Station along with a PCIe wireless network card (for example: QNAP QWA-AC2600) to transform the NAS into a convenient wireless base station, allowing network resources of the NAS to be shared with multiple devices.
SSD caching and auto tiering enable optimized storage efficiency
The TS-832X supports SSD caching to improve the workflow of random IOPS demanding applications. Qtier™ Technology empowers the TS-832X with automatic tiering that continuously optimizes storage utilization across high-performance SSD and high-capacity SATA drives. The new Qtier™ 2.0 features IO-awareness that empowers SSD-tiered storage with a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time, greatly maximizing the advantages of SSD.