Ethernet over VDSL (using Coax)
The LevelOne VDS-0202 converts your data from Ethernet to VDSL2, making it easy to send high-bandwidth data over long distances. This new technology uses traditional coaxial cable instead of expensive Cat.5 cables.
New technology = cost-effective deployment
When using VDSL2 (Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line) technology, users can transmit data up to 400 meters without having to add expensive Ethernet switches or cables to extend the network reach. With 100Mbps downstream and 60Mbps upstream, VDSL2 technology provides ample room for all high-bandwidth usage.
Fast transfer speeds? Yes. Easy Installation? Yes.
VDS-0202 works especially well in applications where traditional copper phone lines are already installed: apartments, condominiums, hotels, university campus, etc. There is no need to run expensive Ethernet cables and installers can easily integrate VDSL2 technology into the existing network. The VDS-0202 is plug and play ready and requires minimum installation time.
Each VDS-0202 also allows for customized settings for advanced use. Using a built-in DIP switch, users can customize the behavior of the device to match the desired network configuration.
- Supports a VDSL connection up to 2km over coaxial cable
- Provides100Mbps downstream and 60Mbps upstream for up to 400m
- Compliant with ITU-T G.993.1, G.993.2 VDSL/VDSL2 and SG15Q4 DMT standards
- Auto MDI/MDIX for 10/100 BaseT Ethernet LAN Ports
- Features selectable Fast and Interleaved modes
- Selectable fixed data rate and fixed SNR margin
- Features 4 Dip Switches for Configuration Settings
- Low-Latency for Video/Voice/Data applications