G.703/64-kbps Interface Converter
- Switchable internal, external, or network clocking options
- Supports synchronous data rates of 9.6 to 64 kbps
- Suport asynchronous data rates of 9.6 to 19.2 kbps
- Clear channel or octet timing
- Distance up to 1.6 km (1.0 mi)
- Accepts Patton QuickConnect modules
- Internal power supplies, 100–240 VAC, or -48VDC
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
The Patton Model 2073 KiloLink-I™ G.703/64 kbps co-directional access converter lets bridges, routers, switches, multiplexers and other WAN hardware connect to a Kilo-Stream™ or similar G.703 circuit.
Supporting synchronous (600 bps to 64 kbps) or asynchronous (9600 bps to 19200 bps) DTE connections, the Model 2073 accepts Patton's QuikConnect™ interface modules: RS-422/530, V.35, X.21, G.703/64kbps, high speed async, Ethernet bridge or data+voice.
Built-in diagnostics include full V.54 loopback tests (externally controlled) and V.52 compliant 511/511E BER tests.
Operating in clear channel or octet timing modes, the Model 2073 offers three clocking options and seven front panel LED status indicators. Built-in transformer isolation and surge protection guard the Model 2073 and connected hardware against data line transients and ground loops. Power is provided to the Model 2073 through an internal AC or DC power supply.
- Application: 64K G.703 co-directional PCM network or CSU/DSU conversion
- G.703 Interfaces: 64 kbps symmetrically balanced 4-wire pair, 120 ohm terminated to a female RJ-45
- DTE Interface: V.35, X.21, G.703, Data+Voice, Ethernet Bridge
- Data Rates: Rate adaptation for asynchronous data rates
- Operating Modes: 256k rate co-directional timing, Rx recovered; 64 kbps+500ppm (clear channel); or with BPV for Octet timing mode to communicate over a 128 kbps link (preservation of byte integrity)
- Diagnostics: local analog loopback, remote digital loopback, V.52 compliant bit error rate pattern (511/511E pattern) generator and detector with error injection mode
- Line Coding: AMI
- Clocking: Internal, external or network clock
- G.703 Input Signal Level: 0 to -10 dB, 2V differential, nominal
- Jitter Performance: CTR14, G.823
- LED Status Indicators: Power, TD, RD, RTS, CD, TM (test mode), ER (error) IM status alarm, IM active and IM ok
- Isolation: Minimum 3000V RMS via custom transformers
- Surge Protection: 600W power dissipation
- Range: 1.0 mile (1.6 km)
- Power: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (universal input option); 48 VDC (option). 5 watts.
- Dimensions: 7.3" x 6.6" x 1.62" (18.5 x 16.8 x 4.1 cm)
- Weight: 2.02 lbs (.92 kg).